Its been a couple of years since I’ve gone natural with my hair and it has been a process! One of things that I have always incorporated in my hair routine (even when my hair was relaxed) were deep conditioners for my hair.
As a new mom my hair routine has literally gone out the window and I’m trying to get back on track with a regular routine. I’ve tried skipping the deep conditioner a couple of times when short on time and trust me it is just not worth it. I feel like I need to wash my hair all over again!
So I figure what better time than during lockdown to practice a bit of self care and get my hair back to some good health. Here are some of the best deep conditioners I’ve found for curly hair.
- Amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask, a creamy thick rick texture that leaves your hair feeling extra nourished without feeling weighed down.
- Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Masque a slightly more expensive deep conditioner from the Shea Moisture range but it’s worth it if your hair needs some extra attention.
- Redken Extreme Strength Builder
- Joico K-PAK Intense Hydrator is actually quite lightweight but I find it still does a good job on my thick hair. The only downside for me is that I have to use quite a lot in one usage, so it doesn’t really last that long.
- Dry Bar Mudslide Nourishing Hair Mask is really good for moisture. If your hair feels especially dry give this one a try.
- Carols Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask
- Macadamia Deep Repair Mask is one of my favourites though I think it’s expensive for the amount you get. It does such a good job on my hair that I still buy it often.
- Art Naturals Argan Hair Mask really helps to smooth out frizz and put the moisture back in your hair using only natural ingredients.
- Kiehls Olive Oil Repairative Hair Pak is really good for detangling your hair. It leaves your hair feeling soft and silky even though its a lightweight cream.
- DevaCurl Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask
- Morrocan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask
- Shea Moisture Black Castor Oil is another one of my favourites, it’s really thick and leaves my hair feeling super soft. The ingredients in this conditioner are a winner, castor oil for increasing hair thickness, peppermint to stimulate the scalp. And apple cider vinegar to balance the PH level.
What have you been doing for self care during the lockdown? Let me know in the comments below!
- How To Choose The Right Area Rug
- 17 Interiors That Will Make You Fall in Love With Panelled Walls
- 12 Beautiful Eco-Friendly & Sustainable Home Decor and Goods
- 7 Amazing Tips To Start Designing Your Space When Stuck
- August Pinterest 2020: Top 15 Inspiration & Ideas