Hi guys! I’m sure that you’ve noticed this popular trend of pineapples, literally everywhere! And for quite some time now, fashion apparel, retail and interiors. There’s some pretty cool things in interiors and design on this pineapple trend you can get your hands on at the moment, if you’re into making a quirky or bold statement with in your home. I have no idea why and who decided why this particular fruit was the fruit to put in to the world of fashion and design… that is until I started writing this post…
When the pineapple was first introduced to Europe in the 17th century it was rare and exotic therefore being the ultimate symbol of wealth. So exotic and such the ultimate status of wealth that people would rent them out. Yes, rent out pineapples like you can rent out designer bags nowadays. A strong signal of wealth, so much so that King Charles II was depicted with a being presented a pineapple by his gardener. It was a royal privilege. So if King Charles II had one that means everyone else had to get one too. Having a pineapple on display at a social event sent the message out to all the guests that no expense had been spared, giving it a meaning of welcome, friendship and hospitality.
There you go, a short lesson and somewhat of a brief outline to why pineapples are in season all year round, especially with in interiors. And one excuse to have some kind of pineapple print in your home…an extension of welcome and hospitality to your guests! See down below for my 10 favourite pineapple picks! Enjoy!
- Throw Pillow Cover – $16.20 USD, Society 6
- Pink Pineapple Fabric – £54 per metre, fabricsandpaper.com
- Puerto Table Lamp – £49.50, Marks & Spencer
- Welcome Pineapple Wallpaper – $198 USD, Anthropologie
- Pineapple Salad Servers – £26 Oliver Bonas
- Pineapple Swizzle Sticks Set of Four $9.95 USD, Crate & Barrel
- Ink Print Pineapple – $10 USD, Etsy
- Escape Copper 18″ Pillow – $34.95 USD, CB2
- Liana Peach- $35 USD, Sonix
- Candle In A Ceramic Holder Black – £4.99, H&M