It’s been a while since I posted anything on the reading area! I’ve been trying to make the most of the lockdown by catching up with my reading goals.
Last year I actually read quite a few books. The trouble is I can’t really remember how many books I read or what I read. So for this year I’m doing things a bot differently to get on top of my reading goals for 2021. For this year I haven’t got a number of books in mind to get through. Instead I’ve decided to set daily task. To read 10 pages a day. Once I have my number of total finished books at the end of the year, then I might attach a number goal for books next year.
Even though I haven’t set a number of books to read this year. I have a come up with a reading theory. To alternate between reading a classic book in fiction or self development and a title that’s not quite so well known.
So far my reading has been a bit wonky! Some days I’ve read 10 pages other days 5 pages and then the next day 20 to 30 pages. I think it’s kind of averaging out at the moment though. I’m getting towards the end of my second book of the year See You At The Top by Zig Ziglar. Which actually the perfect book to be reading at the moment in helping me set and achieve my goals in other areas of my life.
The first book I read this year was 30 Billion Under 30. A collection of personal experiences from individuals all over the world and their paths to starting their businesses and careers. All from different countries and a part of various industries. There’s almost definitely a story in there for everyone for inspiration.
But I’ve found setting a number of pages to read a day is a lot easier than saying to read a whole book in a week. Here are some ways that I have found have helped in getting started to achieving my goals for this year:
- Writing down your goals. Putting them down on paper is the first most important step to getting started. It’s your commitment.
- Looking at the big picture then breaking it down to a monthly, weekly or even daily basis.
- Thinking and then remembering your why. What’s the reason behind wanting to achieve this particular goal?
- Taking action! Even if it’s only a fraction of what you originally set out to do, starting will build on the new habit. Then you can re-adjust if you feel it’s needed.
Is reading on your goals list for this year? If you have any good book recommendations please let me know in the comments! Thank you!
Featured Image Source: LEISARA – Unsplash
- 12 Great Stylish Coffee Books For Under $50
- 5 Great Ways To Perfecting Your Dried Flowers
- Kitchen Organization + Freebie: Making Spring Cleaning Look Good
- 12 Beautiful Botanical Peel And Stick Wallpaper Prints
- 12 Best Indoor Air Purifying Houseplants For The Home