Hi guys! It’s been a while since I featured a trend on here. So today I’m featuring a favourite. Velvet! Food, red velvet cakes, pancakes, fashion and interiors it’s been making a big come back in everything the last few years! I never thought I’d be saying probably due to my fashion flashbacks of my childhood in crushed velvet maxi skirt. I haven’t owned anything in velvet since! With some beautiful velvet pieces being flashed on the runway I have yet to make a recent velvet fashion purchase but it’s slowly appealing to me. And towards the end of last year H&M’s well publicised collaboration with Balmain heavily featured velvet. I loved their collection! A popular trend in a lot of design collections for fall winter this year and last.
One area I don’t need any convincing of buying in to is interiors (and I guess if we’re counting food as well that’s two!) There have been some amazing designs within the hospitality area that have gone all out with velvet furniture fit out and it looks stunning. Song Qi, Monaco shown below is on my wishlist to visit! Among Song Qi are shown some other restaurants showing velvet furniture as part of their design too. Not forgetting my home town Birmingham and the renovation on the Mailbox. The velvet upholstered pieces suit the new Urban Room nicely.
Walking around the stores I’ve seen velvet furniture taking more of the main stage. The luxury, the softness and the elegance of the material can do wonders to lift your living room and to show that velvet isn’t just restricted to the bedroom. So I’ve picked some of my favourite furniture pieces for the living room for that stand out furniture piece and an extra feel of plush luxury.
- Slub Velvet Edyln Grand Ottoman Rosewood, Anthropologie $848 US
- Slub Velvet Edyln Chair Slate, Anthropologie $1148 US
- Old Bessie Velvet Sofa Olive, Authentic Furniture £2690
- Avec Sofa Banks Emerald, CB2 $2199 CAD
- Clementine Tufted Upholstered Chair Vintage Velvet Fog, Restoration Hardware $2395 US
- Velvet Lyre Chesterfield Armchair Wilcox Chartreuse, Anthropologie $1598 US
- Furia Odyssey Medium Sofa Marco Sapphire Blue, John Lewis £1800
- Slub Velvet Mina Sofa Sky, Anthropologie $2798 US