Wicker and rattan is becoming very popular interiors at the moment and for good reason. With summer about to open it’s doors, wicker and rattan chairs are the perfect option for seating for home and garden.
You can find some incredibly decorative and ornate wicker and rattan chairs. Just as equally beautiful are the more simple open woven structures. Rattan is normally considered a must have in a boho interior but its being used in more modern interior settings.
Wicker & Rattan Styling: Interiors
Painting your walls a rich deep colour like this emerald green gives an elegant feel.
This beautiful natural rattan peacock chair takes centre stage in the room although its set in a corner.
This rattan chair fits in perfectly with the Japandi interior. Set with moody grey tones and black accent accessories.
Wicker & Rattan Styling: Garden
A calming home patio area with a bench and a hanging rattan chair makes a great hang out at the end of day.
I love this Mexican inspired idea for a courtyard! Paint your walls a bright colour and add some potted cacti and a rattan seat. It’s low maintenance garden and impactful.
Wicker & Rattan Chairs: 10 of The Best
There are so many chair styles to choose from and look amazing in your home and your garden. Now that you’ve got some ideas how to style your rattan chair here are 10 favourites…
- Share a seat outside with this beautiful swing seat from Serena & Lily. Don’t forget to add a few cushions and a blanket if needed. There’s also a single option if you don’t fancy sharing!
- A simple and pretty peacock chair design that can you can use inside or outside for you and your guests.
- A comfy armchair with cushions, perfect for relaxing in the garden.
- Using this structured chair from Anthropologie is a great option for a dining chairs.
- A dark rattan chair with soft curves for a relaxed style.
- Tired? Relax in this barrel rattan armchair in the garden on a summers day.
- The ultimate chill out rocking chair, something a bit different.
- A rattan stool is a great option for seating or a side table.
- If you’re looking for a showstopper seat, then this 70’s inspired rattan peacock chair from Justina Blakeney is just what you need!
- This rattan bench seat would be great for hallway seat. It could also make an alternative for a seat for the living room. Especially if you’re renting.
What do you think of the wicker and rattan trend? Which chair designs are your favourite? Let me know in the comments below!