Over the past few years, self care has been high priority on everyone’s list. Even more so during the last couple of years! And where better to practice self care than at home?! In terms of interior trends, spa like bathrooms has seen a rise in popularity. With people willing to invest more in doing up not only bathrooms but other rooms in the home. But redoing your bathroom obviously can come at a big expense!
Creating an amazing wet room or your dream bathroom with a beautiful deep free standing bath tub takes a lot of time, money, effort and planning. Maybe that dream bathroom is a bit further down the road… For the moment the bathroom you have is what you have! Then there are simple spa ideas to create your own home spa bathroom retreat in the mean time.
Perfect for a couple of hours of indulgence at home! And to enjoy and make the most of the home you have already…
1. Organize & Declutter
When you think spa, you think clean and organized. The same goes for your bathroom. If you haven’t got the time to organize properly for the time being, decide on what you would like to leave out on display. (Usually the essentials and the pretty stuff). And put all other items stored away in the bathroom cupboard.
If you have glass front cabinetry in the bathroom it’s best to sort out all the stuff as soon as possible. It’s hard to relax when you can still see messy stuff peeping out at you.
Invest in some good quality towels to keep on hand. Hang a couple from your towel bar or over your radiator. Think of creative ways you can display a few towels, by folding a few extra and keeping them on an open shelf. Or rolling some of the smaller towels in a nice storage basket.
Hang up a cozy terry robe ready for your spa days. Don’t forget laying out a nice bath mat as well!
3. Unify The Essentials
Store your every day essentials in some pretty canisters or storage jars. Just to keep the look more unified and less visual clutter. Unless of course you like the packaging that the products come in! Even then you might be able to have some fun with it and come up with a colour scheme using the products.
Bare in mind how much space you have on the counter and on any open shelves you might have. The less stuff you have left out the cleaner it will look. Much more spa like! Anything that doesn’t belong can be stored away out of sight.
4. Health & Beauty Items
If you’re wanting to go the extra mile and make some time for a pamper session then buy a few bath goodies. It’ll get you excited for a self care bathroom session! Think sponges, scrubs, face masks and bath salts. These are the kind of items you’ll probably want to leave out on display!
Our lighting in the bathroom can tend to be basic. But there’s no reason why you can’t swap out the main light to a more attractive light pendant. It might be the biggest expense on the list but it will make a big difference!
Adding some greenery to the bathroom will add a natural and calming sense to the space. Certain plants will love being placed in the bathroom where there is more moisture in the air. Connecting with nature is one sure way of helping us to relax.
The decor finishes will really help adding that spa like feel in the bathroom. Try adding scented candles. They’ll look and smell great regardless if they’re being used or not. An oil diffuser or some lanterns will give a similar kind of feel.
Remember to include some practical decor items as well like a shower or bath caddy to help things organized. And instead of a bath mat you could opt for a cedar or teak bath mat which will last longer.
If you’re planning a pamper session at home here are few items to add to goodie basket!
- Essentials oils add a couple of drops in your bath for an aromatherapy session to help you relax and sleep well.
- A vanilla and fig scented candle, you can save the pretty jar after the candle’s finished!
- Use an oil diffuser for a sweet smell all day long.
- An exfoliating body brush to keep your skin silky smooth.
- Add some dried rose petals to sprinkle to your bath or make your own!
- Turkish towels made of 100% cotton for a luxury spa like feel to display and use in your bathroom.
- Using a facial roller is said to be help with anti-aging and promoting blood circulation. Something that might be added to your beauty routine!
- Keep your beauty supplies neat and organized with some stylish clear canisters.
- A body massager to help loosen those muscles and kinks.
- Pamper yourself with a face mask while relaxing in the bath tub!
Hope these ideas get you excited for some future home spa sessions!
- Biophilia Interior Design and How You Can Use It In Your Home
- 8 Fantastic Spaces That Accessorize With Outdoor Rugs
- 8 Relatable Moments To Know It’s Time To Get Organized!
- How To Create A Mood Board For A Room Interior
- 5 Amazing Tips On Mixing And Matching Bedroom Furniture